Review Recipe3 stars based on 851 votes
From the outside they look like ordinary chocolate cookies, but the soft caramel flavor will set these cookies apart.
- Prepare the dough: Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Blend butter with both types of sugar in a mixer bowl with a K-Beater for a uniform mixture. Add the egg and vanilla extract and blend well. Add the flour mixture and blend just until the dough becomes uniform. Keep refrigerated while preparing the filling.
- Preparing the filling: Sift powdered sugar into a bowl. Add Biscoff Spread and mix well with a tablespoon or a teaspoon until the mixture resembles a soft, comfortable but not sticky dough. Make 25 little balls from the mixture 3/4 of an inch in diameter.
- Assemble the cookies and bake: Form approximately 25 balls from the dough, slightly larger than the filling balls (approximately 1 inch in diameter) and flatten them manually into flat and thin circles. Place a ball of filling at the center of each circle, close off the edges of the dough so that the filling is well wrapped and roll between your hands until a ball is made. Place in the baking pan and flatten to a thickness of approximately ¾ of an inch.
- Bake for about 9 minutes, just until cookies lose their shine and their tops stabilize.
- Remove and cool. You can store for approximately 3 days covered in a container at room temperature.