Chocolate Brownies with Biscoff Balls
Review Recipe3 stars based on 758 votes
Biscoff balls form a charming contrast with the flavor and color of the juicy brownies. Cut into small cubes and make sure that each cube contains a small lotus ball.
- Prepare the Biscoff balls: Sift powdered sugar into a bowl. Add Biscoff Spread and mix well using a tablespoon or a teaspoon until a convenient dough-like mixture is formed, soft and not sticky.
- Form little balls approximately 1 inch in diameter and place on a baking sheet-lined pan. Keep in the freezer while preparing the brownies.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees and line a pan with baking sheet.
- Prepare the brownies: Melt chocolate, butter and instant coffee in a microwave and mix well. Add sugar and mix well. Allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add eggs to the batter one at a time and beat well until they are absorbed. Sift flour above the mixture, add salt and mix well just until the flour is absorbed into the batter.
- Pour the brownies batter into a pan and smooth the surface with a spatula. Randomly distribute the lotus balls in the batter, so that their faces poke out from the batter.
- Bake about 30 minutes until a toothpick stuck at the center of the pan comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Move the pan to the refrigerator for two hours to make the cutting easier.
- Remove the margins with a long, jagged knife and cut the brownies into squares 1 to 1.5 inches in size.
- Store in a covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in a refrigerator for up to a week.