Hamantaschen with Lotus Biscoff Filling
Review Recipe3 stars based on 1410 votes
Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter adds a delicious new twist to this traditional pastry enjoyed on Purim holiday.
- Prepare the dough: Place butter, powdered sugar, flour and Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter in a mixer and blend into a crumbly mixture. Add the egg yolk and continue to mix until the dough is formed.
- Form a ball form the dough and flatten it slightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour at least.
- Move the dough to a lightly floured surface and roll it out to a thickness of approximately 1/5 of an inch. Cut out approximately 25 circles about 3 inches in diameter with a cutter, a ring or a thin-walled glass.
- Assemble the Taschen and bake: Add Biscoff Cookie Butter into a pastry bag. If it is too stiff, heat it for a few seconds beforehand in a microwave to soften it (take care not to completely liquefy it).
- Pipe in the center of each circle of dough a spoonful of Biscoff Cookie Butter and sprinkle a few cookie crumbs above it. Tighten it in the form of a triangular dumpling. Make sure to tighten the edges well so that the filling will not escape during the baking process. Place it in a pan lined with baking sheet and move to a freezer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 340 degrees.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until it achieves a light golden hue and allow it to cool entirely.
- You can store it in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Serve with sprinkled powdered sugar.