Santa Biscoff S'mores
We adopted this summer classic into a delicious holiday treat using Santa shaped Biscoff Cookies instead of graham crackers. Decorate your Santa Cookies with royal icing to give them an even more festive look!
Useful tip: To chop chocolate use a serrated knife and cut downward, the chocolate will break up easily for melting.
Recipe by Jennifer Carden
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or tin foil.
- Melt chocolate in a shallow microwavable bowl for one minute. Check, stir and continue to melt if not melted.
- When melted dip 24 cookies into the chocolate so the (bottom) underside of the cookie has the chocolate layer.
- Lay cookies chocolate side up on the cookie sheet. Chill ten minutes to set chocolate.
- Use a large zip top bag or pastry bag and fill it with fresh marshmallow, gather and twist the top of the baggie, continue holding the top and cut a 1/4 inch corner off the bottom of the bag.
- Squeeze out marshmallow onto each chocolate sided cookie.
- Place the rest of the cookies on top of the wet marshmallow, Santa side up.
- Dip the two sides of each cookie sandwich into a dish filled with sprinkle candy.
- Chill 4 hours or more to set.
Directions for Marshmallows
You can make them white or add coloring during mixing . To keep them bright white use a use clear vanilla extract, you can get it at a baking supply store. If you have leftover marshmallow mix, pipe them into a powdered sugar coated pan or tray, chill 4 hours or overnight.
- In bowl of a standing electric mixer or in a large bowl sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand to soften.
- In a 3-quart heavy saucepan cook granulated sugar, corn syrup, hot water, and salt over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to moderate and boil mixture,without stirring, until a candy or digital thermometer registers 240°F soft ball stage, about 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and pour sugar mixture over gelatin mixture, mixing until gelatin is dissolved.
- With standing or a hand-held electric mixer beat mixture on high speed until white, thick, and nearly tripled in volume, about 6 minutes if using standing mixer or about 10 minutes if using hand-held mixer.
- In a large bowl with cleaned beaters beat egg whites until they just hold stiff peaks. Beat, whites and vanilla into sugar mixture by hand until well combined.