Dark Chocolate Mousse with Biscoff
Review Recipe3 stars based on 411 votes
If you like Chocolate and Biscoff Cookies, then you will love this recipe from the “Original Speculoos 50 Recipes ” book by famous French Chef Philippe Conticini.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate in a double boiler.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the egg yolks.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the bowl, and mix quickly and thoroughly, so that the egg yolks don’t cook from the heat of the melted chocolate.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg white and the brown sugar into a smooth and frothy meringue.
- Fold the meringue gently into the chocolate mixture in two batches.
- Pour 1/2 of the mousse into a serving bowl.
- Crumble 6 Biscoff Cookies and scatter on top of the mousse.
- Pour in the remaining mousse, and top it with the powdered Biscoff Cookies.