Caramel Biscoff Coulant
A delicious accompaniment to afternoon coffee.
Recipe of Chef Philippe Conticini
1. Boil the water and sugar. When the sugar turns brown, whisk in the butter.
2. Heat up the milk and the whip cream.
3. Blend 1 and 2 into caramel, and add the Biscoff cookies
4. Whip and let it cool. (preparing the caramel sauce ends here)
1. Melt the butter.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar together. Add 1/4 cup of the warm caramel sauce and the melted butter.
3. Blend in flour and crushed Biscoff.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F.)
5. Butter and flour 6 moulds (2 inches diameter, 2 inches height)
6. Pour in the mixture up to 3/4 of the mould, and bake 7-8 minutes. The center of the Coulant should be smooth and soft.
7. Wait 5 minutes to remove from the mould, using the tip of a knife.
8. Serve warm with remaining caramel sauce.