Yeast Roses with Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter Filling
Review Recipe3 stars based on 1623 votes
The classic and spectacular yeast cake is improved with Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter filling.
- Prepare the dough: Put the flour, salt, yeast and sugar in a stand mixer and blend for a few seconds. Add the egg and butter cubes while continuing to mix. Gradually pour warm milk and continue to mix at a low speed for approximately 7-8 minutes until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Move the dough to a lightly greased bowl and grease the dough with a little oil until its entirely covered in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for about 1½-2 hours. The dough will increase in volume by 50%.
- Assemble the cake, let it rise again and bake: Line a baking pan with baking sheet and grease the sides.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it into a 20 x 20 inch square with a 1/4 inch thickness. Spread a thin and uniform layer of Biscoff Cookie Butter with a spatula (or a smooth knife) and roll the dough. Remove the edges with a sharp knife and cut the roll into ½ inch thick - 12 slices.
- Place the slices with space between them inside the baking pan, with the cut side facing upwards. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for approximately 30-40 minutes until the slices increase in volume by 50% and stick together.
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the cake turns a nice golden color.
- Prepare the sugar syrup and serve: While cake is in the oven bring water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, cook for approximately 2-3 minutes and remove from the stove. Allow it to cool.
- Brush the warm cake with the syrup, let it cool to room temperature and serve.
- Tip: The cake tastes best on the day it is baked and on the following day. If you wish to preserve it for a longer period, it is recommended that you wrap the cake properly and freeze it. To serve it, thaw to room temperature and heat slightly in a hot oven.