Lotus Biscoff Bakeries is hiring! The cookie you know, and love is opening our first US production facility in Mebane, NC and we are searching for an enthusiastic team to help us grow. We are currently hiring an Accounting Clerk for our 150,000+ square foot bakery and production facility.
Successful candidates will possess a strong team mentality and proven ability to execute in a start-up environment.
- Manage Accounts Payable Process
- Responsible for up to date records of vendors and payment of invoices. Code, verify and input all invoices. Prepare electronic and check payments using our ERP system and online banking tools and make sure remittance advices are sent. Ensure payments are withdrawn from the correct accounts. Keep vendor master records and banking information up to date. Process employee credit card expense reports. Make proposals for improvement of procedures.
- Asset accounting
- Responsible for maintaining the asset master records for Plant Mebane and ensures all the applicable data is complete and accurate. Supervises the asset accounting module in SAP. Provides monthly overviews for all costs and supports all matters relating to this. Assists in the budgeting and LE process for these investments as well as prepares a monthly cash flow forecast
- Bank Accounting
- The accountant is responsible for overlooking the bank accounting process in its entirety. Responsible for up to date records of customer/vendor sub ledgers, and bank reconciliations in our ERP system, SAP.
- Month End Procedures
- Responsible for the execution of the month end closing process and proposing changes to speed up this process. Responsible for processing all general month end journal entries ensuring accuracy, completeness and timeliness in accordance with corporate guidelines. Maintain Balance Sheet specs for all Balance Sheet accounts. Collect, capture and process information to improve this process. Maintain balance sheet specifications. Maintain asset accounting / depreciation schedules. Reconcile intercompany payables and receivables and balance sheet accounts with other Lotus Bakeries entities.
- Assist in preparing annual and/or quarterly tax forms such as 1099/1096, sales tax filing, business tax renewals, environmental fee returns, property tax returns. Maintain W-9 files for all vendors. Execute on daily MRP signals to create POs and manage existing POs for raw ingredients and packaging vendors
- Reporting / Controlling
- Prepare various reports and serve as a back-up for the regular reporting tasks of the plant controller. The accountant should devote any free time to learning the specific tasks of the controller in order to become a back-up for him/her.
- Responsible for preparing credit applications and new vendor set-up forms. Assist Plant Controller in reporting activities and serve as a back-up. Maintain a proactive relation and partnership with the accounting teams in San Francisco and Belgium. Supervise the expense reporting process and tools. May also assist in the maintenance and updates of legal records, contract register, claims register etc. Assist in the semi-annual audit and interim preparation of the documents for the external audit, He/she will be a key member of the Finance Department and may assist in the creation or preparation of other financial requests. Complete material availability checks daily on upcoming production in short and medium term
- Associate degree in business or equivalent work experience.
- 0-3 years business office experience.
- Accounts payable/receivable and/or general accounting.
- Experience with ERP packages and SAP.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office products
- Good communication skills, both written and oral; ability to read and write effectively
- Ability to multi-task and approach tasks with detail-oriented manner
- A compelling function with responsibilities, space for initiative and taking ownership, and the possibility to develop professionally and personally.
- A dynamic working atmosphere in a family business with clear international growth ambitions.
- A strong corporate culture of Team Spirit, Open Dialogue and Passion, in which quality and professionalism are highly valued.
- A competitive salary, complemented by a comprehensive package of fringe benefits.