Category Development Analyst
About Lotus Bakeries
The story of Lotus Bakeries starts in 1932 in a local bakery in Lembeke, a Belgian town. The unique recipe was brought to perfection with carefully selected natural ingredients. Today, Lotus Bakeries is still family-owned and based in its home town. And from there, the tasteful cookie continues to conquer the world. The Lotus Biscoff cookie’s unique flavor, iconic shape, and crunchy bite make it coffee’s best companion and an irresistible treat on its own. The Lotus Bakeries team in the United States is based out of our downtown San Francisco office.
The Category Development Analyst will be responsible for updating and maintaining reports and trackers across multiple formats and data sources and ensuring data updates flow in smoothly and accurately. They will also maintain item master data across several data sources and systems and utilize that data to assist the sales and marketing teams with new item setup, new customer setup, sample requests, and more. They should be comfortable working across departments and will have the opportunity to develop a broad skillset with exposure to Sales, Marketing, and Category Development.
Key Result Areas
- Responsible for gathering data updates from several sources including IRI, Retail Link, Partners Online, and more
- Responsible for refreshing and maintaining templates in excel
- Responsible for ensuring that updates are complete and accurate and for correcting any errors in data retrieval, data accuracy and completeness, formatting, report master data, and report structure
- Make the latest updates available to the team in a timely manner, following multiple sometimes varying refresh schedules from different data sources
Marketing Administrative Support
- Support marketing in keeping sell sheets, product images, price lists, and other marketing materials up-to-date
- Own new item setup and item master data management in third party item data systems
- Support marketing in developing new product packaging, specs, costs, and design
Sales Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support to the sales team in the areas of new item setup, and promotion planning and setup, sample requests, and more
- Assist the sales team in navigating Category Development capabilities and communicate updates to the sales team
Bachelor’s Degree, Business preferred.
This position will need to embody the Lotus Values of Team Spirit, Open Dialogue, and Passion.
- Must be a team player, adaptable to fast growing, changing environment; this role works with multiple departments
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and proactive
- Must have strong time-management and able to prioritize projects
- Must have strong analytical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office (excel, word and power point)
- Experience with Master data management, new item setup (both internally and externally), and/or data analysis
- Experience working with large data sets, pivot tables, power query, and/or complex formulas (vlookups and reference formulas) in Excel or similar required
- Experience in the CPG industry preferred
- Experience with POS data from IRI, Nielsen, Retail Link, or similar a plus
- Excellent (verbal and written) communication skills in English is required.
The Category Development Analyst will need to possess a can-do attitude and a willingness to embrace change and work with a variety of personalities
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter confirming you are authorized to work in the United States and you are able to work full time in our office in downtown San Francisco.