Lotus Biscoff Bakeries is hiring! The cookie you know, and love is opening our first US production facility in Mebane, NC and we are searching for an enthusiastic team to help us grow. We are currently hiring Line Operators to operate one to two packaging lines in our 150,000+ square foot bakery and production facility.
Successful candidates will possess a strong team mentality and proven ability to execute in a start-up environment. We are currently hiring across 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts and salary range is based on experience and education.
- Assist with the start-up of the packaging machines and the change over to a new format
- Mount and change the foil rolls, sticker rolls etc
- Supply the cartoning machine
- Monitor the proper operation of the machines and make adjustments where necessary
- Inspection tasks & registration:
- Check for possible glue residue on carton
- Check for the availability of proper labels
- Inspect the proper inkjet settings (stamp check)
- Check the metal detector
- Check availability for the correct type of stickers
- Check seal integrity
- Assist with the stopping the machines at the end of production (emptying the conveyor etc.)
- Signal and register technical malfunctions and abnormalities of the packing material
- Perform small technical interventions upon malfunction
- Clean the packaging machines
- Change and identify the containers for products intended for rework or feed
- Supervision of the overall tidiness and cleanliness of the packaging area
- Knowledge and application of necessary GMP & safety rules and standards
- Insight in equipment operation and mechanical components
- Must be able to perform duties following all regulatory GMP/FSMA food hygiene practices
- Basic computer and math skills
- Operation of packaging machines
- Prior Experience in a production setting , ideally in an FDA regulated environment
- Experience operating packaging equipment is preferred
- Experience with inspections and/or quality control
- Good communication skills, both written and oral; ability to read and write effectively
- A compelling function with responsibilities, space for initiative and taking ownership, and the possibility to develop professionally and personally.
- A dynamic working atmosphere in a family business with clear international growth ambitions.
- A strong corporate culture of Team Spirit, Open Dialogue and Passion, in which quality and professionalism are highly valued.
- A competitive salary, complemented by a comprehensive package of fringe benefits.